A prospective member is only eligible to enter the club after they have done the following:
- Must be 18-30
- Attend four (4) consecutive meetings
- Be a member of at least one (1) committee
- Participate in at least two (2) major Community Service activities
- Attend Membership Orientation
- Participate in Membership Interview
Qualities & Duties
- Age 18-30
- Should be interested in making friends
- Should be willing to devote personal time to the Club.
- Should have something to offer to the club.
- Pay dues promptly.
- Attend [at least] 60% of regular meetings of the club.
- Attend [at least]50 % project.
- Wear the lapel pin, identity card, attend meeting of other clubs.
- Voice opinion regarding any matter related to the club of the activities.
- Inspect the financial accounts of the club, when presented as per the by-laws of the club.
- Attend meeting on time.
- Should not disturb the meeting by indulging in talks, comments.
- Make the club aware of the knowledge you have about any activity that the club wishes to undertake.
- Assist in pre & post programme work.
- Respect ALL members of the club
- Should not protest a project just because it is not of his interest.
- Should share administrative work willingly and fulfill it.
- Should accept responsibilities that come along with the office/chair/post.
- Participate positively in all the activities of the club.
- Should not use any club’s resources or property for business/personal purpose.
- Should not indulge in any type of political activities in the club.
- Help and motivate fellow members
What can you do
- Volunteer for the community service committee
- Chair a committee or serve as a Club Officer
- Plan the next social activity or membership drive
- Volunteer to contact media for club and project promotion
- Help match Rotaract interests with Rotarian expertise
- Help set up an exchange team, host Rotaractors from another country or participate in an international meeting
Benefits of membership
- Become connected to your community.
- Work with others in addressing community needs.
- Interact with other professionals in your community
- Build international contacts and friendship
- Develop leadership skills.
- Cultural awareness
- Improvement of public speaking abilities
- Group Travel
- Personal development and growth
- Window to the world
Membership shall automatically terminate;
- upon failure to meet attendance requirements unless excused by the board of directors of this club for good and sufficient reason
- by termination of the club
- upon their 31st birthday
- upon failure to continue to meet the qualifications for membership (60% Meetings & 50% Projects &Activities)
- for cause, as determined by this club by vote of not less than 2/3 of all the members in Good Standing.
''WHAT YOU PUT INTO ROTARACT IS WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE''